Ostomy Shower Cover fully encloses your ostomy bag within a reusable waterproof fabric to protect any urostomy, ileostomy, or colostomy bag & filter when showering with your ostomy.
The Ostomy Shower Cover is a simple convenient way to cover up your ostomy bag when needing to shower. Customized to fit your ostomy bag, correct measurements ensure the product will work as intended. Depending on your type of one-piece ostomy appliance, you may see a reduction in performance as the ostomy shower cover ring is meant to grip and squeeze to provide a seal. Since a one-piece ostomy bag has no place to grip it will slightly crinkle the bag. With this, we suggest an opened bottom with an internal pocket. This will allow you to pull you bag into a front pocket while a small amount of water will drain through. The waterproof ostomy shower cover is not for swimming with your ostomy as it is unable to be submerged.
*Image depicts back side of shower cover and the use of the information entered towards building your fully customized cover*
- waterproof, keeps bag filter dry and bag from getting soaked
- stretch ring for easy equip/un-equip
- extends the wear time of your ostomy bag
- fully encloses ostomy bag within the cover
- fully customized to fit your ostomy appliance
- can be used for any one-piece or two piece ostomy: colostomy, ileostomy, or urostomy
Ostomy Shower Cover is part of the PouchWear Premium Custom Collection; a collection of fully custom tailored ostomy support products made from scratch to fit your ostomy appliance, your preferences and your ostomy needs. Choose your fabrics, colors, measurements, & upgrades!
Choose the style of the shower cover:
• ROUND - enclosed round bottom, best for bags with a round shape & urostomy appliances to contain drainage spout.
• FLAT - enclosed flat bottom with curved edges, perfect for wide bottom bags, or appliances with clips or hard-bar closures.
• OPEN BOTTOM - contains internal pocket, bottom of pouch remains open. Recommended for one-piece appliances.
*This is not the size of the stoma opening. Do not use box measurements*
To measure, lay the bag down on a flat surface with the front of the bag facing you and fold the left side of the bag towards the middle until unable to fold any further; this will expose the area where the bag and flange/wafer meet. Repeat for the right side of the bag and measure the diameter of the ring; from the fold on the left to the fold on the right. Do not include tabs into the measurement. All ring openings are flexible and will be able to stretch over any tabs while equipping.
*If your ring is oblong, or oval in shape, follow the steps to measure from left to right, then also measure from the top of the ring to the bottom of the ring and specify the additional measurement in the 'special instructions' option.
This measurement refers to the amount of space between the top of the bag and the top of the ring, or where the ring is located on the bag.
To measure, lay the bag down on a flat surface with the front of the bag facing you, and fold the top of the bag down towards the middle until unable to fold any further. Measure from the fold you created to what was the top of the bag. This measurement will average around 1", sometimes a bit more or a bit less.
The bag width refers to the measurement from the left to the right of the widest part of the bag. For bags that are kidney, or unusually shaped, measure to and from the furthest edges.
The bag length refers to the measurement from the top of the bag to the bottom of the bag.
Assure the bag is closed, like when worn on the body, prior to measuring. Fold & close any ends that are usually folded.
Type of Ostomy
Specify if your ostomy is a colostomy, ileostomy, or urostomy as well as whether the appliance is a one-piece, or two-piece, appliance.
UPGRADE INFORMATION (Optional)
Choosing a rush manufacturing option will reduce the average manufacturing time frame to custom tailor the item(s). This does not include the shipping time for delivery of the item.
Shipping time frames are applied after the item has completed manufacturing & left the facility.
Note: All invoice items must have the same rush manufacturing option applied to qualify for rush manufacturing. Partial rush orders will not qualify for rush manufacturing & any charges will be credited to your in-store account. If your requested manufacturing time frame is unable to be met, your rush manufacturing difference will be credited to your in-store account and the next available rush manufacturing option will be applied automatically. Due to the customization of all products, we are unable to guarantee any rush service. Please specify your "needed by date" on your invoice. Images are visual depictions noting the tailoring time frames; they are examples & for reference only. Please review the Shipping page for further information.
- Detail Summary:
- Reusable waterproof shower cover, keeps bag & bag filter dry while showering for longer wear time. Stretch ring for a snug fit & easy equip.
- Care Instructions:
- Hand wash and air dry. Not machine washable.
- Product may contain: polyester, spandex, rayon, PUL and/or lycra.
- Please allow 10-15 business days, on average, prior to shipping.
- PouchWear Premium Custom Collection:
- This is a custom, made-to-order item and is not returnable.