SwimWear Simplicity Ostomy Sport Support Belt is a light-weight, low-absorb, quick drying, single piece with adjustable locking closure, ostomy support belt with pouch that is custom made to fit any urostomy, ileostomy, or colostomy bag. This product is backed by our PouchWear 30-day fit guarantee.
Wanting to go swimming with your ostomy appliance? Need a heavy duty ostomy swim belt that can provide you with the freedom to do what you want, when you want? Not sure if you’re ready to reveal your ostomy secret and need an ostomy belt with stealth in mind. Completely conceal your ostomy bag within the ostomy pouch support belt, choose the best fabric to match your existing bathing suit, and take off. The SwimWear Simplicity Ostomy Sport Support Belt has the available options to create the best ostomy support belt available for any competition or extended swimming. Our PouchWear 30-day guarantee ensures that you are happy with the form-fitting comfort of the ostomy belt. Your choice of customizable options, wear styles, enhancement upgrades, pocket styles, and extensions provide you with a completely customizable option for your ostomy needs. Extensions can create a hernia ostomy belt to assist with compression around the stoma. PouchWear ostomy belt extensions will not hinder the stoma output. SwimWear Simplicity Ostomy Sport Support Belt will provide you with the best customized options available for swimming.
*Image depicts back side of the Simplicity Belt and the use of the information entered towards building your fully customized support*
- materials used reduces drag when swimming and prevents the pouch from getting water-logged (waterproof feature will not keep ostomy bag dry)
- supports the flange/wafer to prevent your appliance from falling off
- provides moderate to heavy support (perfect for all activities)
- extends the wear time of your ostomy appliance (change the appliance less often)
- fully encloses ostomy bag within the belt, the bag will no longer touch the skin (for comfort & hygiene)
- internal neoprene lining with structured back panel for full flange support (no digging or bruising the skin)
- hook & eye closures on Simplicity belts allow for an adjustable fit
- made with comfortable stretch materials for form-fitting wear (can be worn 24/7, even while sleeping)
- stretch ring and flip out pocket for easy equip/un-equip & draining of bag without removing the belt
- thin profile on the body and seamless front panel for added discretion
- fully customized to fit you and your ostomy appliance (will fit like a glove)
- can be used for any one-piece or two piece ostomy: colostomy, ileostomy, or urostomy
- can be tailored to be worn horizontally, vertically, or diagonally on the body
- upgrade options available (pay for only what you need)
SwimWear Simplicity Ostomy Sport Support Belt is part of the PouchWear Premium Custom Collection; a collection of fully custom tailored ostomy support products made from scratch to fit your ostomy appliance, your preferences and your ostomy needs. Choose your fabrics, colors, measurements, & upgrades!
Choose the shape of the pouch along with the type of closure for your pouch:
• ROUND - round bottom, best for bags with a round shape & urostomy appliances to contain drainage spout.
• FLAT - standard flat bottom with curved edges, perfect for wide bottom bags, or appliances with clips or hard-bar closures.
• ENCLOSED - ideal for close ended ostomy appliances, will have no pocket & no opening at the bottom of the pouch cover.
• FLIP-OUT - standard, thin profile & most descreet under clothing. Pocket closed & opened via a fabric overlay to keep bag away from skin & allow easy access.
• ZIPPER - pocket closed & opened via a zipper with a fabric overlay to keep zipper off of body.
• VELCRO - pocket closed & opened using velcro with a fabric overlay to keep the velcro off the body.
• OPEN BOTTOM - contains internal pocket, bottom of pouch remains open. Not recommended for horizontally worn bags.
The direction the bag will be worn on the body within the support product.
Refer to the direction the drainage end of the bag is facing when looking down at the abdomen taking into account the location of the stoma on the body.
If the stoma is on the left, the bag worn will appear as follows:
If the stoma is on the right, the bag worn will appear as follows:
*Equip the ostomy appliance in the direction the bag will be worn in the supports, prior to measuring, for the most accurate information. Diagonal wear is available only for belts & bands and is tailored at a 45 degree angle.
*This is not the size of the stoma opening. Do not use box measurements*
To measure, lay the bag down on a flat surface with the front of the bag facing you and fold the left side of the bag towards the middle until unable to fold any further; this will expose the area where the bag and flange/wafer meet. Repeat for the right side of the bag and measure the diameter of the ring; from the fold on the left to the fold on the right. Do not include tabs into the measurement. All ring openings are flexible and will be able to stretch over any tabs while equipping.
*If your ring is oblong, or oval in shape, follow the steps to measure from left to right, then also measure from the top of the ring to the bottom of the ring and specify the additional measurement in the 'special instructions' option.
This measurement refers to the amount of space between the top of the bag and the top of the ring, or where the ring is located on the bag.
To measure, lay the bag down on a flat surface with the front of the bag facing you, and fold the top of the bag down towards the middle until unable to fold any further. Measure from the fold you created to what was the top of the bag. This measurement will average around 1", sometimes a bit more or a bit less.
The bag width refers to the measurement from the left to the right of the widest part of the bag. For bags that are kidney, or unusually shaped, measure to and from the furthest edges.
The bag length refers to the measurement from the top of the bag to the bottom of the bag.
Assure the bag is closed, like when worn on the body, prior to measuring. Fold & close any ends that are usually folded.
Stoma Waist Size
The stoma waist size refers to the measurement from just below your stoma site and around your body. To measure, place your measuring tape slightly below the stoma (not on top), and measure around the body noting the size once the measuring tape meets.
For more accuracy, measure while standing up and prior to any heavy meals or situations in which your abdomen would swell or change in size.
*This does not refer to your clothing waist size and may not be measured specifically on the waist, depending on the location of your stoma.
Reductions, to account for the stretch in the materials, are made during tailoring; do not alter measurements being entered. Belts will be form-fitting to ensure appropriate function.
The stoma location refers to the side of the body where the stoma is located. Looking down at your abdomen, note the side your stoma is located on your abdomen using your belly button as a center point.
Choose your preferred belt closure to allow for adjusting the fit of your ostomy support belt.
HOOK & EYE BELT CLOSURES - standard, most streamline & discreet under clothing, preferred for ostomates with discretion as a priority
VELCRO BELT CLOSURES - easy to use, adds slight bulk under clothing, preferred for ostomates with dexterity difficulties
UPGRADE INFORMATION (Optional)
Upper Belt Extension
Added width to the top of the belt & pouch. Preferred for ostomates who need support for bulges or hernias above the bag area.
*Any added width will be added to the top of the belt & pouch, above the standard 3" to increase the width of the belt itself.
(example: a 2" upper belt extension will be a total of 5" wide around the body)
Lower Belt Extension
Added width to the bottom of the belt. Preferred for ostomates who need support for bulges or hernias below the 3" belt area.
*Any added width will be added to the bottom of the belt, below the standard 3" to increase the width of the belt itself.
(example: a 1" lower belt extension will be a total of 4" wide around the body)
Added support around the ring opening area to help prevent leaks. Ideal for ostomates who struggle with keeping the flange on the body, have uneven areas around the stoma, or have persistent leak issues.
*This upgrade works best with two-piece appliances & will not be visible while wearing the belt.
Add an internal lining to reduce bag wrinkles, increase bag discretion under clothing, & helps to evenly distribute waste. Noise muffling can also be added.
*This lining will not be visible from outside of the belt.
Added internal structure & re-enforcement to the back panel of the support belt to increase the support around the flange area while engaging in extreme, high motion activities.
*This upgrade will not be visible outside of the belt.
Internal bands for added concealment of the belt. Ideal for ostomates who wear tighter, or more form-fitting clothing.
*This banding will not be visible while wearing the belt.
Choosing a rush manufacturing option will reduce the average manufacturing time frame to custom tailor the item(s). This does not include the shipping time for delivery of the item.
Shipping time frames are applied after the item has completed manufacturing & left the facility.
Note: All invoice items must have the same rush manufacturing option applied to qualify for rush manufacturing. Partial rush orders will not qualify for rush manufacturing & any charges will be credited to your in-store account. If your requested manufacturing time frame is unable to be met, your rush manufacturing difference will be credited to your in-store account and the next available rush manufacturing option will be applied automatically. Due to the customization of all products, we are unable to guarantee any rush service. Please specify your "needed by date" on your invoice. Images are visual depictions noting the tailoring time frames; they are examples & for reference only. Please review the Shipping page for further information.
- Detail Summary:
- Heavy Support. Single piece, single closure adjustable belt. Fully encloses ostomy bag while providing support for the flange. Upgrade options available.
- Care Instructions:
- Machine washable on delicate & low-heat dryer safe. Connect any closures prior to washing.
- Made with a light-weight, low-absorb material that will not pull when wet. Product may contain: neoprene, cotton, polyester, spandex, rayon, and/or lycra. Material is not waterproof.
- Standard Manufacturing Timeframes:
- Please allow 10-15 business days for tailoring, on average, prior to shipping.
- PouchWear Premium Custom Collection:
- This is a custom, made-to-order item and is not returnable.